What to feed my feeders? Crickets/Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi pals! I've had a dubia roach colony that I'm working on growing. I've been feeding them a roach food with a mix of fruit and veggies, along with water crystals. I just committed to buying 1,000 crickets because I got a great deal on them. I've got them in an aquarium with the calcium loaded water crystals that you would buy at a pet store.

My questions are: What can I feed my dubias and my crickets that make them the healthiest to feed to my beardie, and keep them alive until they're ready to be fed to him? Is there anything that I need to avoid feeding them?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I feed them the leftover salad from my dragon and similar kitchen scraps. They love squash and pumpkin guts and things like that. Sometimes I will give them some fruit like orange slices or watermelon rind. They'll eat extra greens and stuff from the garden too. They aren't very picky. I just try to give them a variety of veges and keep them hydrated with fresh food. I avoid giving them things potentially harmful to a dragon like onions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom