Can crickets stay in shipping box for a few days?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampm99

I ordered 500 crickets a couple weeks ago, and there were shipping issues so they are arriving late, in a few days. The issue is I’m going to be out of town, and the person who is taking care of my lizard is terrified of crickets and will not transfer 500 loose crickets into my bins. So, if the shipment gets here, can they stay in the box for a few days until I get home? I know they have potatoes and egg cartons in the box, and they would be brought inside out of the heat. Would they survive this?

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
It really depends on whether they are delayed while in shipment which could expose them to extra days in possibly too hot weather. The other problem is that they can work hard enough to chew their way out. You will have no recourse or way to get a refund if there are a significant amount of dead ones so you'll waste your money. Next time just wait until you are there to receive a shipment to insure that you get what you pay for. Hopefully you get them alive but it's not a good situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom