F10 affecting locusts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LozBozNoz

I used F10 Insecticide spray for the first time yesterday in Nebula’s vivarium. Sprayed onto kitchen towel and wiped the surfaces whilst she was out of the viv. Left to dry, waited 20 minutes with the UVB and heat bulb on. Brought fresh baby locusts (Nebula is about 10 weeks old) and have given two helpings today. However I have had to remove about 7 that she hadn’t eaten immediately because they are acting strange and seem to be dying. They’re flailing around on the floor and if they still have the ability to hop, they’re doing so very oddly. They’re showing a lot of signs of discomfort, stretching their legs out etc. Is it possible the F10 residue is killing them?

Have wiped the tank down quickly with hot water on a cloth and will do a better job tomorrow when Nebula isn’t about to go to sleep. Didn’t want to stress her out any more than needed.

Followed instructions from the reptile shop I purchased Nebula and the Insecticide from re how to apply the F10. Having panicked tonight about the locust and trying to piece together what’s gone wrong, I read the small print on the bottle and it says to wipe down the F10 afterwards with water. I’ve been told I can spray the tank (when she’s not in there) and leave for 30 minutes to do a thorough disinfect and simply put her back in. Wondering if anyone has experience with this product and can advise me further?

Thanks in advance.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use F10 and I let it sit for 10 minutes wipe it out w/ water and rinse all decor in the sink- I let it dry or wipe w/ dry dish towel- my guess is what you said the residue was bothering the locust- do not feed those to your dragon-----
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom