Dubia colony & cleaner questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinFam01

Juvie Member
2 questions - sorry for making them long, I just want to make sure I'm explaining well

About roaches:
One of the first roach shipments we got had what I thought were pretty big roaches in it (even though I ordered medium). That was the first week of May. Would we know for sure if any of them had babies? I hadn't ordered any adults yet (have some coming next week) but there are just a few pretty small roaches in the bin. We did get a shipment of smalls the first week of June, but I don't think they'd still be as small as these are. However, I don't see any obvious males in there. ??‍♀️

About cleaners:
So when we got our biggest shipment of roaches (first week of June) there were a few cleaner crew larvae and I think 1 beetle in them. We now have quite a few more. They look like the dermestid variety, which I read only eat the dead roaches and maybe some vegetation. However, I'm pretty sure they are eating the roach chow because it is all over the bin instead of just in the lid/dish it is in, and I have seen them in it. What I read said they will self regulate their population, but we don't really have many roaches left in the bin right now and I am still seeing tiny larvae.
I guess I'm just looking for some thoughts on how to tell if I should try and alter the ratio, and if their behavior seems typical of this type of bug?
And of course any suggestions on any of this from seasoned people here. :)
Thanks if you read this far!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom