Superworms Leftovers

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

Superworms Leftovers

Postby Mikehilke » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:21 pm

Hey guys,

I have another random question. Godzilla doesn't eat all of his veggies, can I give th leftover veggies to my superworms? My only concern is they're dried out, so it will give them less moisture, but I'm also giving them fresh potatoes and carrots, so it might even out? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks
Mikehilke
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Superworms Leftovers

Postby Drache613 » Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:49 pm

Hello,

Absolutely, since you do give potatoes & carrots for moisture for them, definitely give the
left over greens even if they are dry. That way you wont waste any of it.

Tracie
Drache613

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 am

I concur .

Toss the left over greens and veg in with the superworms (and the mealworms if you have these too) . They'll eat them and will be gut loaded in the process .
When I have too many freshly dead crickets , they also go to the superworm tub ( especially in winter when my resident wild outside geckos, dragons and skinks are not around ) . The superworms eat these ( if the crickets are starting to decay - add them to compost heap or simply trash them.

In summer the fresh dead crickets go outside on the grass or garden paths and are snapped up by the wild lizards, and birds ( usually in no time , the ants don't get a look in ).
I also give left over greens to my crickets , and excess goes outside and the wild dragons and skinks nibble at them.

Very little goes to waste. Even less now I'm starting to grow my own herbs , veg and greens .
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : , Fluffy (F) rescued injured by lawnwacker 14Nov17, Gutzy (F) rescued 27Sep19 - RIP 3Aug20 (est 12 yo), Wriggles (F) - injured rescue, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16 old age. Lucky juvenile (M) - cat attack rescue (lost r-eye, broken r-lower jaw), fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

Postby Claudiusx » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:49 am

Moved by Moderator from General to Feeders
Follow along with all my beardies. Check out my thread here!: Claud's Crew
P.S. We have lots of pictures ;)
Click here if you use a Sunblaster fixture - IMPORTANT
Claudiusx

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders