Dubia roach food??

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have a decent sized roach colony and I keep having to buy more food. They go through A LOT if I keep food in there and I haven’t been feeding them enough because I run out too quickly. Would making my own food be cheaper? What would be good to crush up and put in it? If you have your own colony make your own food, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You can feed them carrots squash stuff you feed your dragon - are you ordering dubia food? How many is in your colony?
Karrie

Hjballinger

Original Poster
I haven’t ordered any more food yet, I was thinking about making my own roach chow. I’m not really sure how many is in the colony but I’d guess about 500

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Ok I am not sure have you checked out the feeders board and look for discussion on feeding roaches
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I put leftover salads from my dragon along with other kitchen scraps in for them and my colony does well. I only offer things that are safe for my dragon (no onion etc) but they will go through leftover bell peppers and squash readily. They like the occasional treat of a bread slice or cut up orange. They aren't really too picky and I don't find that I need to buy them specific/separate food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom