Dubia roach food??

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

Dubia roach food??

Postby Hjballinger » Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:36 pm

So I have a decent sized roach colony and I keep having to buy more food. They go through A LOT if I keep food in there and I haven’t been feeding them enough because I run out too quickly. Would making my own food be cheaper? What would be good to crush up and put in it? If you have your own colony make your own food, any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Hjballinger
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Dubia roach food??

Postby KarrieRee » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:47 pm

You can feed them carrots squash stuff you feed your dragon - are you ordering dubia food? How many is in your colony?
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby Hjballinger » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:56 am

I haven’t ordered any more food yet, I was thinking about making my own roach chow. I’m not really sure how many is in the colony but I’d guess about 500
Hjballinger
Hatchling Poster

Postby KarrieRee » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:07 am

Ok I am not sure have you checked out the feeders board and look for discussion on feeding roaches
Karrie
KarrieRee
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:40 am

I put leftover salads from my dragon along with other kitchen scraps in for them and my colony does well. I only offer things that are safe for my dragon (no onion etc) but they will go through leftover bell peppers and squash readily. They like the occasional treat of a bread slice or cut up orange. They aren't really too picky and I don't find that I need to buy them specific/separate food.
CooperDragon

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders