Mealworm breeding...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello!!
I got my beardie 4 days ago,
I decided that instead of going to the pet shop constantly for only crickets and not mixing my beardies diet of insects that I was gonna start a mealworms farm, Plus my brothers are gonna get leopard geckos soon... And they eat mealworms too, So I was wondering.... How do I properly breed mealworms?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would suggest some youtube videos so you can see peoples setups. It's really quite easy.

The jist of it is, let some worms turn to beetles. keep the beetles in a tub for a month or 2, then remove the beetles and put them in a new tub. The old tub will be full of eggs and they will eventually hatch. Then just keep repeating the cycle.

You want to remove the beetles from the bin after awhile because the beetles will eat the eggs and the baby mealworms, especially if they are lacking moisture in their diet.

-Brandon

ArcticWolf3049

Original Poster
Thanks for the tip!!
I did hook up on some YT vids but for some reason when I put my brand new mealworms in the box they have just sat there for awhile, I thought they were still frozen or something but after some time (24 hours) I looked again and some were still not moving!! The only time they moved was when I touched them.... What do I do?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom