STAPLE LIVE FEEDERS FOR HATCLING BEARDED DRAGONS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GypsyGirlT13

I have 2, 7wk old Bearded Dragon Hatchlings & I'm feeding them a well rounded veggie diet also using the Calcium Powder with D3 on the salads. However I am feeding them Dubias. I am interested in finding out more staple Live Feeders for them??

Thank You ALL so much for your Time and Help!!

SunnyT & Joe

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there!

Lots of good options out there for feeders, you just need to make sure they are appropriately sized!

The best IMO would be BSFL (black soldier fly larva) You can buy them in bulk from symtonbsfl.com.
There is also crickets, silkworms, butterworms, and appropriately sized mealworms and superworms.

I find it best to try to have at least 2 or 3 different insects in the diet to provide a variety and fill nutritional voids that only 1 insect couldn't.

If you gotta pick just 1, I would definitely look into bsfl though.

-Brandon

GypsyGirlT13

Original Poster
Thank You so Much Brandon!! That's exactly what I was thinking about I NEEDED to get at least one other LIVE Feeder for them they are both VERY Hearty eaters!! I'm going to try the Black Fly Larvae Feeder and the Dubias as well Butter Worms too. Although I had heard that mealworms were TOO hard on their stomachs but Your the 3rd person who has mentioned mealworms in the appropriate size. I have 250 mealworms and 5lbs of bran bedding for them BUT I haven't yet fed any of the mealworms to them . They're the small mealworms and I have been keeping them in my refrigerator and I have added sliced carrots and thinly sliced potatoes for food and water. They are basically the same size as they were when I received them about a week ago. So I'm going to try the mealworms as well.

Much Appreciated for your Time and Help!

Have a GREAT WEEKEND ?

Sunny T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom