ANY ADVICE FOR DUBIA ROACH BREEDING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zbaby42

I want to start a colony of dubia roaches. and im ordering from dubiaroaches.com
but idk what size I should order im getting 15 adult females and 5 males and was thinking about getting 50 1.25 sized roaches and since my bearded dragon is a baby im getting 200 small roaches does anyone have any advice on good sizes I should get? :banghead:

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Having the adults should get your colony established more quickly (but they cost more up front). I started my colony with a mix of about 500 different sizes (no adults) and it took about 4 months for a new generation to appear. I liked having a lot of different sizes/ages in order to stagger the generations a bit.

It's good to give them shelter and warmth. I use a heat projector over a stack of paper towel tubes that serve as their housing. For food, they do well on veges and love oranges and squash especially.

Zbaby42

Original Poster
CooperDragon":145gnvp4 said:
Having the adults should get your colony established more quickly (but they cost more up front). I started my colony with a mix of about 500 different sizes (no adults) and it took about 4 months for a new generation to appear. I liked having a lot of different sizes/ages in order to stagger the generations a bit.

It's good to give them shelter and warmth. I use a heat projector over a stack of paper towel tubes that serve as their housing. For food, they do well on veges and love oranges and squash especially.
What sizes and how much of each size should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom