Dubiaroaches.com vs gotdubia.com?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these 2 sites the same supplier? They have the very similar sites and prices, and gotdubia is advertised on dubiaroaches for their 10% off sub and save.

I clicked on the gotdubia link because dubiaroaches didnt list any quantities above 200. They too are sold out of the higher quantities, but show listings for up to 1000. (Side note- 1000 1/2" dubias for 60 bucks?! That seems way cheap compared to what else I've found) Thoughts?

Anyway, I've got orders from a abdragons and dubideli coming this week to try out a few different vendors but I really just want to find a reliable place I can make a large order. Every site seems to be running low!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
lizalizaliza":yzqfxg5i said:
Are these 2 sites the same supplier? They have the very similar sites and prices, and gotdubia is advertised on dubiaroaches for their 10% off sub and save.
The two are associated, but I'm not sure exactly how.

(Side note- 1000 1/2" dubias for 60 bucks?! That seems way cheap compared to what else I've found) Thoughts?
I think we paid around $95/1000 (less by subscription) from Reptile Deli. Very satisfied w/ product & service (speaking generally, it doesn't help to get 'em cheap if half of them arrive dead/dying).

Fluctuations in supply & price are (IMO) to be expected--it's a competitive business. To compete, one (or more) vendors may run a sale, word gets around, and their supplies get temporarily depleted.

Personally, good reliable supply & service are worth more to me than nickel/diming price every order.
But I'm old & crotchety. :D

lizalizaliza

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":2cevmop5 said:
Personally, good reliable supply & service are worth more to me than nickel/diming price every order.
But I'm old & crotchety. :D
I'll check out reptile deli! I'd rather pay a decent price for good quality, rather than get a load of dead ones.

I ordered 200 from 3 different places (all of them were around $25 for 200) just to see what they were like because my closest pet store is 35 miles away and only sells supers and crickets... and I really hate crickets. Plus Dezzy is a roach lovin boy. I have supers and silk worms on hand to throw a few in a day to stretch the dubias I ordered before I got him but he really just prefers the dubias. I also have some bsfl coming so I'm curious to see how he likes those!

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
lizalizaliza":18amg036 said:
I ordered 200 from 3 different places (all of them were around $25 for 200) just to see what they were like because my closest pet store is 35 miles away and only sells supers and crickets... and I really hate crickets. Plus Dezzy is a roach lovin boy. I have supers and silk worms on hand to throw a few in a day to stretch the dubias I ordered before I got him but he really just prefers the dubias. I also have some bsfl coming so I'm curious to see how he likes those!
You never know--they're all different. I had bad luck w/ BSFL, but I know others swear by 'em. ZaRDoZ is a roach vacuum. I too ordered supers to stretch them out (1000 dubias last him about a month) and it turns out that while he still loves his num-numz, he loves the worms even more, always going for them first, and slurping them down like spaghetti. He's so full today from pigging out yesterday that he hasn't come down from his tower since gorging himself last night--even slept up there for the first time ever. The little glutton. :lol:

IME, the closer you can find a vendor you like geographically, the better. We're close enough to get orders next day by Priority Mail. They come from Reptile Deli in burlap bags insulated (hot pack if warranted) and in a Priority Mail shoe box. Very professional. I think maybe 2 or 3 dead roaches, but the 1000 is really more like 1100.

lizalizaliza

Original Poster
MrSpectrum":3lf04c36 said:
IME, the closer you can find a vendor you like geographically, the better. We're close enough to get orders next day by Priority Mail. They come from Reptile Deli in burlap bags insulated (hot pack if warranted) and in a Priority Mail shoe box. Very professional. I think maybe 2 or 3 dead roaches, but the 1000 is really more like 1100.
That's the issue, lol, finding a supplier close to me. I'm in middle of nowhere Iowa. ? More research is needed on my part, I suppose!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom