TopFlight Dubia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholsca

Does anyone know if this place is still around I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.
TopFlightdubia.com

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Never heard of them but there are many big and active dubia sellers out there now if you're just looking to buy some.

-Brandon

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Nicholsca":xtw3lshj said:
Does anyone know if this place is still around I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.
TopFlightdubia.com
AFAIK, yes. They were on our list of vendors, but we went with another vendor that's geographically closer during the cold weather.

No idea why they haven't responded. How long has it been?

Nicholsca

Original Poster
It's been a week. They had 1000 smalls for under $40 I'm trying a local well same state now but the mail in Kentucky is backwards they sent my order to Kansas

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Nicholsca":2uvsnby8 said:
It's been a week. They had 1000 smalls for under $40 I'm trying a local well same state now but the mail in Kentucky is backwards they sent my order to Kansas
I live in western Ky. I use abdragons or dubideli ,I've always had good service with them.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Nicholsca":19p6i4hi said:
It's been a week.
I agree that's not acceptable. It's up to you, but IMO it wouldn't be imprudent to follow up with another polite--albeit succinct--email. Then whether they're at fault or not, they've been advised there's a problem and the ball's in their court. YMMV.

They had 1000 smalls for under $40 I'm trying a local well same state now but the mail in Kentucky is backwards they sent my order to Kansas
Don't tell me... you're in Missouri. :lol:

What day did you contact the website? I just went checked the logs and all messages have replies. We always reply within a few hours on the website (longer if its on the weekend). If you don't hear anything after 24 hours something is wrong or it didn't go through.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
charlie476":1qgwgx46 said:
What day did you contact the website? I just went checked the logs and all messages have replies. We always reply within a few hours on the website (longer if its on the weekend). If you don't hear anything after 24 hours something is wrong or it didn't go through.
Glad you responded--thank you. Assuming Nicholsca did send the follow-up email, if your logs don't show either, or if he didn't receive the responses, then there's definitely a problem someplace. I guess what would bother me (as a past entrepreneur) is, if the problem is at your end, there's no way to tell what else may have slipped through the cracks.

Hope you can solve it/work it out.

I went through email logs to cross reference if something got miss marked. It looks like it got tagged as completed without a reply. Our apologies.

It was in regards to Roach chow (we us Mazuri) which can be bought off their website.

Yes its rare but human error happens. Always recommend a followup. If the followup goes unanswered I would take business else where. There was no follow up email.

P.S. Glad it was human error and not website error.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
charlie476":22h5ze8h said:
It was in regards to Roach chow (we us Mazuri)
I assume the roach chow and not a different insect chow?

Is there a reason that you use such a high protein chow as opposed to a lower protein chow? Especially with all the research and studies which show that high protein diets lead to extremely high UA content in the roaches, which then get passed to creature eating them?

Not criticizing, genuinely curious if you have a specific reason? I do notice a slight increase in my breeding with slightly higher protein diets, but I make my own chow that is around 4-8% (which lines up with another experts thoughts on the proper amount to facilitate growth and breeding while still keeping UA levels manageable).

Once again, just curious as to your thoughts.

-Brandon

Cricket Chow (technically Purina labeled not mazuri but made at the same mill) I think the roach chow you talk about is 24-26%

Mazuri Cricket Chow 20% protein
Purina Cricket Chow 18% protein

They are pretty similar not not the exact same formula. I was told the reason behind two different brandings was in international patent issue.

claudiusx":2koasbyr said:
charlie476":2koasbyr said:
It was in regards to Roach chow (we us Mazuri)
I assume the roach chow and not a different insect chow?

Is there a reason that you use such a high protein chow as opposed to a lower protein chow? Especially with all the research and studies which show that high protein diets lead to extremely high UA content in the roaches, which then get passed to creature eating them?

Not criticizing, genuinely curious if you have a specific reason? I do notice a slight increase in my breeding with slightly higher protein diets, but I make my own chow that is around 4-8% (which lines up with another experts thoughts on the proper amount to facilitate growth and breeding while still keeping UA levels manageable).

Once again, just curious as to your thoughts.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom