Successful mini experiment with dubia and pumpkin innards

Status
Not open for further replies.

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
If this is a known thing and I am the one out of the loop, then I'm sorry for the redundancy. However, I have never seen anyone advise or share their experience using pumpkin innards as feed for the roaches.

I imagine this would work well with any gourd. Usually I toss the innards outside, this time I put them in a ceramic dish to isolate them in case they became moldy (not an issue, roaches ate them up fast).

103228-7152837799.jpg

Honestly they did a great job. The dish also made removing the extra seeds super easy. I used empty toilet paper rolls to make a bridge in and out while the dish was in the roach box.

This was so easy! Helps makeing healthier roaches and honestly is making it so this doesn't go in the trash or in the backyard where I know raccoons and mice come eat it.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
My roaches LOVE pumpkin guts. They also love squash and will easily handle most kinds of kitchen scraps (they also love bread/crusts).

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
Thanks Cooper. I did figure out the crust or extra bread thing

It's been almost a year since I started my roach colony. I wish I had known about pumpkin innards. Never would have bought premade roach gel food if I knew that gourd guts would work so well. Roaches seem happy about it too :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom