Red Wigglers

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMW

I have a bucket of red wigglers in my house I feed them veggie scrapes, and newspaper the soil they produce is great for gardening and houseplants. I read somewhere that you can feeder them to bearded. my Bearded is about 2-3 months old and I excited to have (Hopefully a female because I call it Tinker Bell
She's very friendly and every morning I warm her up in my pocket. She eats well and like greens and crickets. I got some mealworms but they are bigger than the space between her eyes my wiggles are 2 and a half inches long and fat I feed them well lol. Anyone else use these as feeders too?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I don't think it's common to offer them as feeders. From what I've read, a lot of it has to do with the source and their diet. If you are raising them yourself and they are being fed a healthy diet of veg scraps then they are probably OK to offer as part of a varied diet if your dragon likes to eat them.

CMW

Original Poster
Thank you I have had them of many years. I do know when you order them from a worm farm they feed them a dog food mix. But mine are feed only veggie scraps, new paper, the ink they use these days is soy based, I also use coconut fiber worms convert this into soil. I rinse them before I feed them to my Bearded. They twist and turn and attract her in her veggie dish. she small so I have been hunting up the small ones for her. Large ones are fat but still only 2-2 1/2 inch long. common name "composting worms"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom