Best sources for silkworms and hornworms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juniper

Hatchling Member
Beardie name(s)
Henry
I want to get some silkworms and hornworms for my beardie but do not know who is a reputable source to buy from. Do you have recommendations? I am in the US.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Silkworms can be tough to find at times so it's best to keep checking sources for availability (and seasonal temps can affect shipping as well). I've had good luck getting silks from CoastalSilkWorms. It looks like they have the silkworm pods in stock right now so if you're looking, I'd pick them up. They come with the food they need so it's pretty easy.

For hornworms I usually order from greatlakeshornworm. Their availability tends to be pretty constant and I order the pods from them as well.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've gotten horns from greatlakes, they are good. Recently I've been getting them from rainbowmealworms though.

As far as silks, I've only ever bought from mulberryfarms. And lately they've only had eggs so I've been buying and hatching the eggs myself.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom