Status
Not open for further replies.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Drogon <3 RIP 2019- March 11, 2024 Lily: new girl in the house/ 5 months old
Hi Everyone!

My dragon is almost 7 months old and has started eating A LOT again, which I assume means another growth spurt. He went from 20 crickets to 25 and sometimes more. That's not my concern. He loves BSFL but petsmart only sells them in 25, so thats only a few days worth -__-

Anyone know where I can buy 100 good quality? I don't need 1,000, but 100 should do :)

Thanks!
Selkie

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
claudiusx":1xkfkn5u said:
The price difference between 100 and 1000 really isnt much.

Check out https://symtonbsf.com/ They are great.

-Brandon

Fantastic :)
If I purchase them live, do they need food or do they come in the cup of bran like the petstore?
Selkie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The BSFL don't need food. Just keep them in the cup they come in at room temp (or 55-65 if you want to slow them down a bit). They keep for a month or two like that. Just be sure to clean off the substrate before feeding them off.

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
CooperDragon":354nkuoi said:
The BSFL don't need food. Just keep them in the cup they come in at room temp (or 55-65 if you want to slow them down a bit). They keep for a month or two like that. Just be sure to clean off the substrate before feeding them off.

Thank you!
I noticed with the ones from the petstore, if I put an apple chunk they stay more lively. I wonder if it has to do with the moisture? Anytime i didnt feed them or give some type of moisture they shriveled up and died x_x
Selkie

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
It's probably also to do with the quality of insects you get from the store as opposed to the bug breeder. I buy from symton and they easily last 2-3 weeks if I leave them alone at room temp.

I've heard they will eagerly eat a chunk of banana if you add ot to them but I've never had to. I typically go through the whole thousand before they get a chance to die lol.

-Brandon

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Selkie1993":3nqmllkc said:
CooperDragon":3nqmllkc said:

Thank you!
I noticed with the ones from the petstore, if I put an apple chunk they stay more lively. I wonder if it has to do with the moisture? Anytime i didnt feed them or give some type of moisture they shriveled up and died x_x
Selkie
You can just add a few drops of water to the container for that, too, instead of fruit that can get gross. :0)

Selkie1993

Juvie Member
Photo Comp Winner
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
claudiusx":382bxwxm said:
It's probably also to do with the quality of insects you get from the store as opposed to the bug breeder. I buy from symton and they easily last 2-3 weeks if I leave them alone at room temp.

I've heard they will eagerly eat a chunk of banana if you add ot to them but I've never had to. I typically go through the whole thousand before they get a chance to die lol.

-Brandon

How many does your beardie normally eat? My guy's appetite increased. I like to trick him with his vegetables by placing some bugs (mealworms, waxworms, BSFL) under the veg. This way, when the bugs move, it stimulates him to eat the veg :)

He's like Whinnie The Pooh right now: he ate, and ate, and ate and then looked at momma for MORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom