Veggies Likes/Dislikes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghostsdragon

Hi y’all!
I’ve been wanting to add more veggies to my dragon’s diet and I know what’s safe for him to eat, but I wanted to know if your beardie(s) have any favorite veggies that he might enjoy too. I know every dragon is different, but I figured I’d ask anyways, lol.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
A favorite of my dragons has always been collard greens and bok choy. Red bell peppers seem to be a big hit usually too!

-Brandon

MCHRKiller

Hatchling Member
Kale, collard, arugula, yellow squash, any sweet bell peppers, carrots, grapes, raspberries, strawberries, and cantaloupe...that's what my crew will eat.

MrSpectrum

Gray-bearded Member
Zardoz is just starting to eat greens, so not much experience here. He will eat Bok Choi & Dandelion greens if/when he's hungry enough. I've also seen him nibble at coleslaw (no dressing). We're trying bell pepper today. He also likes fresh oregano, and we're trying rosemary (they reputedly like fresh herbs). He nibbles at the Jet Beads in his enclosure, but they're decor/houseplants.

Just this morning I re-watched a video by the Go Herping kid.
Bearded Dragons Tasting & Reviewing New Foods!
Not great, but it is what it is. :|

I just checked, and it doesn't look like he tried the pepper (he's stubborn). I waved some in front of him with the forceps, and he lunged, but my timing was off, so he just tasted it. ...Then made a face. After that he backed away; I don't think the pepper's going to fly for now... :( Maybe if/when he gets hungrier... :roll:

redwood

A little known one: Cactus fruit! (Tuna or Nopal fruit)
If you live in California or the southwestern US, they're super easy to get at any farmers market/spanish grocery store or even Safeway. It's GREAT in calcium, and my beardie has always loved it when he doesn't want squash or collard greens. Also, it dyes his lips red, which is adorable, because he looks like a child putting on lipstick, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom