Can my beardie eat termites

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we have a termite problem there are lots of them not enough to hurt my beardie tho so I was thinking why not use them as food not sure if it was safe we didn’t have the place sprayed so I don’t have to worry about chemicals. So I’m just curious if he can eat them

DorgEndo

Sub-Adult Member
Photo Comp Winner
Beardie name(s)
Devlyn
I would say no. There are too many unknown factors and the risks are too great

Even if you haven't added pesticides to your house the termites can be eating wood from conifer trees (aka pine) or chemically treated wood. Both would be harmful and perhaps deadly for your dragon. Plus there could be other toxic substances the termites may have chewed on because of proximity to wood. I don't know if termites carry parasites or harmful bacteria but that is always a risk with wild insects. For those reasons the boon of free protein is simply not at all worth the danger to health and life of your dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom