Feeders Love Cantaloupe Rinds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
News to me, maybe not to some of you. But recently I had realized that my dubia colony totally devoured the cantaloupe rind that I put in with them. There was some flesh on it too, and that's all I expected to be eaten. Well, they ate the whole thing up.

So, I decided I would try it with my mealworms too. Now I typically don't like to put in items like that with my mealworms or superworms as mold is an issue with them. But I tried anyways. And the next day, I went over to remove whatever was left over to prevent any mold growth.
It was gone. Completely gone. They devoured it quicker than the dubias did.

So now, cantaloupe is a regular with my bugs. At least the rinds/flesh left over is.

If you have a smaller colony of bugs, I wouldn't leave it in for too long just to prevent any possible mold growth, but they will enjoy it while its there :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom