Micro bugs in my roach bin!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I ordered some roaches online and two days later out of nowhere when I was feeding my dragon I notice it looks like dust all over the walls of the bin but if you look closer they’re little tiny microscopic bugs crawling around, does anyone know what these may be, are they harmful? Eek!

104453-8675644956.jpg

104453-3165485207.jpg

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those are grain mites. They are harmless but can be a huge pain to get rid of. The best way to be rid of them is to reduce humidity. If you can get a decent dehumidifier and run it near the bin for a week or two in order to bring down the humidity, they should die off.

Apolla

I just wanted to thank you, Karebearfreezepop0, because I was trying to find out what mites looked like and here was this post! I hope you're having luck getting rid of them!

Karebearfreezepop0

Original Poster
Apolla":1bbkla8k said:
I just wanted to thank you, Karebearfreezepop0, because I was trying to find out what mites looked like and here was this post! I hope you're having luck getting rid of them!

Yeah their numbers seem to be going down each day, I cleaned out the bins too, so that helps. Creepy and yucky though I will say! I got one of those little miniature dehumidifiers that sits down near my big bins. Thanks! Glad I could help haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lizziefan
Top Bottom