Keeping dubias from breeding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Not directly but if you keep the temps less than ideal they tend to breed more slowly from what I've seen. Cellar temps in the 55-65f range should slow them down quite a bit.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Where would be a good place to store them, I know not the garage because the heat index where I'm at was 110 today.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Well nobody is aloud and dosent have basements because of flooding and flat where we live, so I thought my closet, it around the coldest room in the house, that I can use.

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ok thanks, my parents are starting to consider me buying dubias for blitz, so I'm just making sure I do my research on how to care for them.

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Why do you not want them to breed? It would save you and your parents a ton of money if you kept them in a manner that allowed them to breed. That way you could stop buying them. They wont get out and breed in the house if that's a concern.

-Brandon

Moon4wolfgirl

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I don't want to get it out of hand, an invest our house(that's a big fear of mine because roaches are not my favorite inscect)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom