Best discoid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notta

I live in Florida so that means I can't buy any dubia roaches. So while I have done a bit of research I cant find which one is the best alternative or where to buy them. If any of you know which species is good and a link to where I can buy them it would be beyond helpful. Also are they easy to breed? (my beardie is around 2 months old, idk if that info is needed but just in case)

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Blaberus discoidalis, and you can get them from https://www.lunaroaches.com/ or from lindasgonebuggie.com, or ovipost.com when they have them, and I'm sure there are many other places. If you have any specialty reptile shops around you, they may also have them, but my go-to is Luna Roaches. They're supposed to be easy to breed. Reptilereadyfeeders has starter kits and instructions.

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
Notta":1k61i18d said:
When they grow their wings will they try and fly out of the box when I open it?
Nope! They can flutter just enough to not crash if they fall, I think, but they don't truly fly, and they don't climb up glass or plastic. I have a bunch of adults with wings, and they climb all over the egg flats in their tank, but I haven't had any try very hard to get out while I swap out food dishes and whatnot. :0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom