Won't be having silk show for a day, is it gonna be ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Hello,

I bought 100 small worms about 3 weeks ago,

half of them are almost adult size, and half of them are not. And I separated them to avoid overcrowding, etc.

But the half that are almost fully grown, will be out of food for one whole day (until tomorrow evening).

I miscalculated the rations and the time the new patch of silk chow powder arrives, so yeah, until tomorrow evening (or night) they will be without chow.

Are they gonna be ok? Is there something I can put in to temporarily replace the chow? I know that they wont eat anything else other than chow or leaves tho..

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They should be OK for a little while, especially if they are larger. I'd just keep their enclosure clean and let them be. You could try reducing the temps to 55-65 to slow them down a bit but I don't think that's necessary. I've read that you can offer them grated carrots in an emergency, but I don't think that's called for in this situation either since you already have some replacement chow on the way.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":2eqf87ls said:
They should be OK for a little while, especially if they are larger. I'd just keep their enclosure clean and let them be. You could try reducing the temps to 55-65 to slow them down a bit but I don't think that's necessary. I've read that you can offer them grated carrots in an emergency, but I don't think that's called for in this situation either since you already have some replacement chow on the way.

Thank you for the reply and the assurance.
I'v been keeping both the smaller ones and bigger ones in two separate tupperwares with a paper towel underneath, and I just put the chow on top and clean it once a day (or two). So now I cleaned the tupperware and replaced the paper towel of the big ones, so they are in a clean container.
And the smaller silks have enough chow till tomorrow, so that's good.

Chow is arriving tomorrow, so im hoping its early in the day and not evening or night. So I will make it, put in the fridge for a couple hours (or maybe freezer for a bit) and immediately serve.

Thanks again!

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kmwilson042182":rek99tm7 said:
Once they are close to full grown they can go up to 3 days with no food without a problem.

Kyle

Thank you Kyle for the reply and the assurance as well. Hopefully I get the chow early in the day tomorrow and not evening/night. I'll cook it as soon as I have it, and probably put it in the freezer at first so it cools quicker and I can serve asap, then back to the fridge.

The other half (the smaller ones) have enough for till tomorrow so that's good.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom