Butterworm Weight

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

Butterworm Weight

Postby BabyBeardie13 » Thu May 23, 2019 10:21 am

This is going to sound weird but can anyone weigh a butterworm for me? I’m trying to see what weight it’s equivalent to in crickets 😂 A cricket is .25g each.
BabyBeardie13
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Butterworm Weight

Postby claudiusx » Thu May 23, 2019 10:52 am

I wish I had butterworms to weigh lol.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

Postby CooperDragon » Fri May 24, 2019 5:59 am

I haven't used them in a while so I also don't have one to weigh unfortunately. They're pretty light though. Not a direct answer to your question, but this chart has some nutritional comparisons between them http://www.geckotime.com/nutritional-value-of-commercially-raised-insects/
CooperDragon

Postby claudiusx » Fri May 24, 2019 6:42 am

That chart isn't correct it's the same one that one of the dubia companies uses too.

We had a thread here years ago where elliot's butterworms lab tested his butterworms and they agreed with all the other charts that stated butterworms are low fat high calcium feeders.

Edit: I admit I didnt really read that whole article when I first saw the butterworm info. It seems the author has done his research but I'd be interested In if he could share his findings and reports and lab testing. Because elliot's shared that with us and it showed what i previously stated.
So it's hard to know what to believe. I saw the lab results from elliot's, but not from this article.

-Brandon
claudiusx
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders