Isopods as cleaners?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi! So I have Dermestid Beatles as my clean up crew for my Dubias, but I don’t know if they’re really making a difference being a clean up crew!

I heard that isopods are even better for a clean up crew. Does anyone have experiences with this? Where can I buy isopods?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the Biodude sells isopods and other cleanup crew. I've had pretty good luck using superworms as cleaner crew in my colony. I have a combination of worms and beetles in there and they just do their thing. I've noticed the bodies and frass buildup is much lower than before I started using them. They have lasted for well over a year without any interference from me.

williamk34

Hatchling Member
Isopods and in conjunction springtails you really won't get the full effect out of them unless you have them in a bioactive dubia roaches will eat them so without them having a place that they can hide you're basically just feeding your roaches in the bio dude is a very good source for springtails and isopods he takes very good care of them you don't have to take a risk of importing mites to your colony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom