Mealworm pupae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banarang

104188-5712482459.jpg

Yesterday when I was installing a new light I found a container of small mealworms that I lost a few weeks ago and as was about to toss it in the trash I noticed a few pupa and picked them out, and there’s 4 in total and 2 that I was confused about. One looks like it’s ready to emerge (I’ve cared for cricket farms and super worm farms along with a few mealworms) or it’s dead, and another one I don’t even know what is going with it but I think it’s maybe a deformity/just beginning to pupate

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Nice bonus find! The dried up ones are probably gone but it might not hurt to keep them on hand in some substrate for a bit and see if that's really the case or not. The others look good. Very similar looking to morio worm pupae.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
My skinks and dragons all love a mealworm pupae for a treat.

I test to see if the pupa are still alive very easily, a gentle squeeze on the pointy (tail) and if it's alive it'll wriggle. If it doesn't it's dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom