Mealworm pupae

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

Mealworm pupae

Postby Banarang » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:49 pm

[Click image to enlarge]

Yesterday when I was installing a new light I found a container of small mealworms that I lost a few weeks ago and as was about to toss it in the trash I noticed a few pupa and picked them out, and there’s 4 in total and 2 that I was confused about. One looks like it’s ready to emerge (I’ve cared for cricket farms and super worm farms along with a few mealworms) or it’s dead, and another one I don’t even know what is going with it but I think it’s maybe a deformity/just beginning to pupate
Banarang
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Mealworm pupae

Postby Banarang » Sat Apr 27, 2019 12:56 pm

Please ignore the super worm, I just found it today and took this image earlier.
Banarang
Newbie Poster

Postby CooperDragon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 11:55 am

Nice bonus find! The dried up ones are probably gone but it might not hurt to keep them on hand in some substrate for a bit and see if that's really the case or not. The others look good. Very similar looking to morio worm pupae.
CooperDragon

Postby kingofnobbys » Thu May 02, 2019 4:03 am

My skinks and dragons all love a mealworm pupae for a treat.

I test to see if the pupa are still alive very easily, a gentle squeeze on the pointy (tail) and if it's alive it'll wriggle. If it doesn't it's dead.
CBDs: Cleopatra & Caesar born 28Jan19.
Puff (RIP 10Dec15),Rex (RIP 16Mar17),Toothless (RIP 26Nov17).Peppa (RIP 22Mar19).
EBTSs : George & Mildred (born july 2010).
EWSs : Fluffy - 4yr rescued lawnmowing accident victim 14Nov17.
Lucky - cat attack rescue, fatal SI RIP 21Jul2010.
Wriggles - rescued injured ,thought she was a big lizard, over 8 yrs old, RIP 2Feb16. .
Gecko : Godzilla the hatchling GEHYRA GECKO (hatched May 2019)
kingofnobbys
BD.org Sicko

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders