Heat tank for Dubia roach colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexylexyy

Hatchling Member
Hi there! I decided to run my own Dubia roach colony. :) I wanted to ask if I can use zoo meds under tank heater to keep them warm in one of those hefty plastic storage boxes?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You can, although I used to use a human heating pad back when I had a colony. I don't know if that's still something people do though. Lots changed since I've had a dubia colony lol.

-Brandon

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
An under tank heater will heat the frass and cause them to bury themselves to warm up. I'd just keep it on a thermostat and put it up on a wire rack or set it up in a way that allows airflow underneath the heat mat to protect against overheating.

I currently use a heat projector over the cardboard housing section of my colony and it works really well. Stays dark while projecting infrared heat through their housing. I think more of them can get warmed up this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom