Isopods as cleaners?

This forum is for discussing topics of caring for and breeding feeders (crickets, roaches, etc.) for those interested in raising their own bearded dragon live feeders.

Isopods as cleaners?

Postby Lexylexyy » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:26 pm

Hi! So I have Dermestid Beatles as my clean up crew for my Dubias, but I don’t know if they’re really making a difference being a clean up crew!

I heard that isopods are even better for a clean up crew. Does anyone have experiences with this? Where can I buy isopods?
Lexylexyy
Hatchling Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Re: Isopods as cleaners?

Postby CooperDragon » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:53 am

I think the Biodude sells isopods and other cleanup crew. I've had pretty good luck using superworms as cleaner crew in my colony. I have a combination of worms and beetles in there and they just do their thing. I've noticed the bodies and frass buildup is much lower than before I started using them. They have lasted for well over a year without any interference from me.
CooperDragon

Postby williamk34 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:31 am

Isopods and in conjunction springtails you really won't get the full effect out of them unless you have them in a bioactive dubia roaches will eat them so without them having a place that they can hide you're basically just feeding your roaches in the bio dude is a very good source for springtails and isopods he takes very good care of them you don't have to take a risk of importing mites to your colony.
williamk34
Newbie Poster

Postby Hydrogod86 » Wed May 01, 2019 4:29 am

Get some rolly poleys
Hydrogod86
Newbie Poster

- Advertisement -
- Advertisement -

Return to Feeders