BSFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I am currently feeding Dubia and BSFL to my juvie. The problem I’m having with the BSFL is that they come in soil, and they are so small it’s very time consuming to pick them out of the soil and wash them off and put them in a dish to feed to my beardie. Does anyone have any tips or know where I can order them that they don’t come in soil? Thanks
(He seems to like them a lot I want to feed more per day but again it’s so time consuming I end up doing about 10 at a time then I’m over it.)

JumpinJellyfish

Juvie Member
I get the medium sized ones from Rainbow Mealworms, and they are in bedding, but i dump some into a regular cereal bowl and let them sit in that for a bit (~10-15 mins). The bedding dries and falls off of them for the most part, then I sort of tilt it and let them wiggle toward the edge (away from the bedding pile), and then I gently push/flick them into the worm dish.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I grab a bunch and shake them in a mesh sieve/strainer that helps to get rid of most of the soil from around them. They can be rinsed too, but know that when they get wet they become very good climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom