Decimated Dubia Colony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
Not that they are all gone, it's CHARLIE :shock: :shock: :shock: !!!
He is an eating machine!!! He is 4 months old and eats like a horse. He consumes up to 40 roaches a day along with 3 salads.
My dubia colony can't keep up with his eating habits. I have been going on a 30 mile trip to a Pet Food Center to supplement what my colony couldn't provide and, buying them @ 50 med. for 22.99 . There was alway more in the tub than 50 but buying 2 tubs at a time was getting expensive. I decided to buy some online so, I looked around at options and, went with Dubideli.com I ordered 400 for 48.00, got them in 3 days and, got almost 500, all alive and, frisky. After heat pack and, insulated wrap added to shipping costs, it came up to 63.00. This is still a lot better than what I was doing, LOL!!!
Now just maybe my colony can get a break and, recover.
Does anyone else know of a better place to get them?

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
I have had some success finding some cheaper prices on EBay and a lot of the time Free shipping as well. But all in all that doesn’t seem to be an awful price in my opinion especially if you had a good experience and the service was good. I see 500 medium listed on EBay a lot for around $50 with free shipping. I never buy that many though as my guy only eats a couple here and there. I blow all my money on silk worms.......

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Those prices sound about right based on my memory. Hopefully he'll ease up soon and give the colony a break! It's fortunate the temps allow shipping to you this time of year. It'd be a lot more to find bugs (in general) retail at a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom