Help on dubia roach humidity

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 66 quart tote it clear I cut a big portion out of the lid I use che on top for heat (100)watt I closed of more of the top with card board and still left me opening around the dome 2 on each side of dome there are between 2-3 in. In size I can get temp up to 85-to 90 but I cant maintain humidity temp reach 91 over with humidity went down to 10 I have a hole orange,water chrystal even, put a small container with water in it with a lid with holes in it. I can get by most it but that only last for a short time. I plan on putting styrofoam around all sides that will darken it and hold more heat but I cant seem to make any humidity any help would be appreciated

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've found that they do OK with low humidity but 10% seems especially low. You might want to put a small humidifier near the bin to help bring that up a bit. The CHE will dry the air out a lot too so maybe leave that off for a bit and see how they do trading some heat for some humidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom