How to store bsfl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brittneesmile

Hatchling Member
I bought some for my beardie a week ago and they are already turning black. I bought them online and the site only had the option of buying 600 and my beardie doesn’t eat a ton every day as she is still getting used to the feeder change. I put them on the floor in my closet, I was told to put them in a dark colder place. There’s no heat source in there. I ordered some more today. I’m just wondering what I can do differently this time

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually keep them in the container they ship in at room temp. Cooling them can help keep them from growing as quickly though. You can still feed them off when they turn black. They will then hatch into flies which also make good treats.

kmwilson042182

Hatchling Member
I keep mine in the butter storage deal in the top of the door in my fridge. I measured the temp in there with my infrared therm and it was around 55-57 degrees or so. The rest of fridge is in the high 30s. They stay alive and dormant in there for weeks. Before I feed them I put the bowl under the basking light for like 30 seconds and they spark back to life and start moving all around. You can get about a month out of them if you store them that way, at least in my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom