Confusion on Giving Jaxson Dubias

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaxson

So I go to the store to get more roaches and they are wondering why I come in often to get them. I told them I feed Jaxson as many medium size by Dubias he can eat. I don’t count. I just know he is still looking after 6 so I add more. They tell me for his size, 10.5 inches, he is only suppose to eat 6-8 medium Dubias 2x per day and if he still seems hungry constantly then I should jump up to the large size Dubias and decrease the amount I give him so I wouldn’t have to keep coming in. They also said I need to be careful because I could be over feeding him if he is just a greedy beardie. Is this information correct? What is good number wise with medium sized Dubias?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
When they are still growing they can get pretty hungry and I don't see overfeeding as a big concern compared with feeding adults a lot of bugs. I'd just keep offering as much as he wants. As far as moving to a larger size, that may work as long as he can chew them up well, but it depends on how he handles them.

Jaxson

Original Poster
CooperDragon":wt3rwb7q said:
When they are still growing they can get pretty hungry and I don't see overfeeding as a big concern compared with feeding adults a lot of bugs. I'd just keep offering as much as he wants. As far as moving to a larger size, that may work as long as he can chew them up well, but it depends on how he handles them.

Thank you. He chews the medium one pretty well and starts to eat them faster now. I look inside his tank and he is shedding more. He sheds weekly. He is double his size than he was 1.5 months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom