Orange head roach escape?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited to correct my atrocious grammar and typos from my furiously fast typing.

So I thought orange head roaches were non climbers. But. While some company was over, one of the kids said there was a bug climbing up the wall. Sure enough it looked just like one of the 2 dozen roaches i got a week ago to feed my 1.5 year old dragon.

I had cleaned out the dragon's enclosure (fully enclosed with double front doors and mesh top) earlier that afternoon but I have no idea how or when it escaped. The roach did not look dusted so I am not sure if it came from the enclosure during cleaning or out of the container i kept them in (simple vertical plastic cup type with vented lid). The lid had a corner that wasn't click-sealed though i swear i push it closed. Was a big roach to have fit through but i know they are wily buggers.

It's gross for me to think of, discouraging that it was half way up the door frame and i don't know if i want to get any more.

Crickets have been dirty, noisy and gross. And i was literally just telling our guests how great roaches have been..and our dragon loves them.... then moments later one is climbing up the wall....and i am thinking a big ole NOPE

When can i breathe again that they haven't breeded and how can i make sure this doesn't happen again? And please share advice and/or funny anecdotes that can help talk me down.

I don't breed feeders. I live close enough that I can get regularly. So i just may need to feed all at one time and not keep any. Back to supers for awhile.

Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ah bad timing! One escapee isn't likely a big deal. I've had those now and then too. They might be able to climb the corners of the tank if they are caulk. Best not to leave them in there after meal time. Otherwise I'd just double check the seals on the containers. You're lucky to have a local source for those!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom