Keeping Crickets In The Garage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRKOATMEAL

Hello everyone.

First post from a newbie 'beardie' owner (6 days in).

What temp can you keep feeder crickets at? For the past week, we have a cricket feeder tank stored in the bedroom close to the main tank but due to a successful escape attempt last night (the crickets), the other family members are not that impressed.....can I store them in the garage (the crickets, not the family)? The temps can get quite low (40-50s) in there so not sure if harmful to them or will lead to much shorter lifespans? I've heard that storing crickets in bedrooms is not ideal in case they escape plus they may cause respiratory issues (the internet told me that so it must be true right!).

Thanks in advance for any advice.....sure I'll have lots of questions over the coming weeks about other ownership issues as I want to be sure we're giving 'Oatmeal' (daughter's name choice) the best possible life.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Yeah the crickets can get noisy and smelly too. I kept mine in the basement and eventually gave up and moved to roaches which are way easier to care for. At those temps I think that would be way too cold for crickets. From what I saw keeping them, they didn't even like high 60s in my basement without an overhead heat lamp. They seem to do best in the 70s and 80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom