Too Many Roaches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrnobody

So I started my Dubia roach colony at the beginning oh the year and now I have way too many to handle. It's more costly just ordering chow and water crystals to keep them alive and by now I'm sure I have about 1000 adults and who knows how many nymphs. My beardie is sleep for the winter so the colony will keep growing during that time (He's not a big eater anyway, maybe 2-3 roaches every 2 days when he is awake).

I've been searching for the best possible way to get ride of at least 3/4 of the colony. I've seen people mention freezing, burning, or trying to give them away. I'd thought I'd check here to see if anyone has opinions on what to do in this situation.

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Depending where your located, I’m sure there would be someone that would love to take them. Post them in the Free section.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Giving some away locally (or shipping them if you're up for it) is a good way to reduce colony size. You can offer veg scraps from your dragon's salad and from your kitchen to keep them alive more cheaply than ordering water crystals and chow. They love eating things like squash, most greens, bananas, orange slices, etc.

I used my colony breeding so much to my advantage and bought a few more critters to bring home! We have friends who buy them from us :) I don't know where you live, but you could try posting ads on your local Facebook pages city and let people know your selling off some of your colony.. might make a little bit of cash out of it to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom