Dubia problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salmon26

Ok so I started my dubia colony 2 months ago. It was going very well but I noticed alot of gnats or phorid flies in my house and saw they were coming from the dubia. I keep cleaning there enclosure and give them new egg crates but I can't seem to get rid of the gnats. I don't want to stop breeding dubia because I know how good they are for my reptiles but I can't take gnats all over my house... and I think the gnats are causing my dubia to die. I'm having only the young ones to die I'm not sure what to do

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would try addressing them like I would with fruit flies and see if that helps. Add some apple cider vinegar to a bowl or mason jar etc. and add a few drops of dish soap to it. That should attract them and cause them to sink into the mixture. That was effective when I had a fruit fly infestation in my roach tank a few months ago.

Salmon26

Original Poster
Did you put the mixture in the enclosure or just beside it? This morning I added double sided tape on the top of the enclosure to try and trap some lol

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I put the jar next to the enclosure. It was near the fan from a dehumidifier which I think helped too. The air circulation may not be necessary but I think it helped move them toward the jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom