mulberry leaves are back :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Very pleased to see my supplier in Liverpool (Sydney NSW) has started advertising on GUMTREE that mulberry leaves are getting big & green again …. :)

Been using Silkworm Chow made up in 32g sausages (3 to 4 sausages of chow per nuking session) since I ran out of fresh leaves in July and frozen blanched leaves in August.

Time to order in a fresh batch of 200 leaves for my current batch of silkworms.

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
I have a Huge Mulberry tree in my front yard (it does not bare fruit so no mess). If you are in need of leaves, let me know and, I should be able to get them to you.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Gormagon":1t583ert said:
CooperDragon":1t583ert said:
That'd be amazing. I don't have silks at the moment but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks =)
I can even vacuum seal them if need be!!

The lady who owns PeacefulSilkworms (in Cairns) told me vacuum sealing fresh mulberry leaves is not great for freshness longevity in the fridge - recommended unseal plastic bag for the leaves and into the crisper , being sure to get them out and let the air at them each day.

Fresh mulberry leaves , even one month old mulberry (kept in the crisper) beats chow by a long shot.

At the moment I've about 60 cocoons to hatch and about 30 moths doing their thing as well as 100 silkworms (small through to medium).

Gormagon

Extreme Poster
kingofnobbys":1m3ubqsw said:
Gormagon":1m3ubqsw said:
CooperDragon":1m3ubqsw said:
That'd be amazing. I don't have silks at the moment but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks =)
I can even vacuum seal them if need be!!

The lady who owns PeacefulSilkworms (in Cairns) told me vacuum sealing fresh mulberry leaves is not great for freshness longevity in the fridge - recommended unseal plastic bag for the leaves and into the crisper , being sure to get them out and let the air at them each day.

Fresh mulberry leaves , even one month old mulberry (kept in the crisper) beats chow by a long shot.

At the moment I've about 60 cocoons to hatch and about 30 moths doing their thing as well as 100 silkworms (small through to medium).

Well, it was a thought!!!

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
AHBD":2eqyley6 said:
Beardies like mulberry leaves, too. :)

I wish I could get Peppa to nibble a mulberry leaf.... she is not keen on anything green , eats greens under sufferance.

AHBD

BD.org Sicko
Silly dragon, I know some are keener on greens than others. One of my guys will take mulberry from my hand before any other green, my other boy will do greens about once a week.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
AHBD":3hbxyy3h said:
Silly dragon, I know some are keener on greens than others. One of my guys will take mulberry from my hand before any other green, my other boy will do greens about once a week.

she does like the green goo (finely chewed up mulberry leaf and / or silkworm chow) that comes out the silkworms all over her lips and chin, she licks it up .

Two large silkworms per day + some cricket (her treat) is her preferred meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom