Superworms Not Eating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My superworms don't seem to be eating the food I put in for them, they just crawl under it and hide. I've had this order of worms for a month or two so obviously they must be eating but I'm not sure, the smaller ones aren't growing and quite a few have been dying off recently, more than usual. I feed them various fruits and vegetables a few times a week. I'm trying to breed them for the second time (the first time the beetles all died) and I don't ever see the beetles eating either. I keep them on dried out Eco Earth but I'm picking up some oats soon. Could that be the problem? I want to be sure my feeders are gutloaded before feeding them to my lizards. Thanks!

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I would try the oats. I kept mine in an oat/grain bed and it worked pretty well. They'd eat that and also slices of carrot and some greens put on top for them to get hydration. Since then I've stopped using them as feeders for the most part and just let them roam around the frass of my roach bin. They seem to do well there and act as cleanup crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom