Found a little bit of mold in bin... replace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardieSmaug

Hatchling Member
So my beardie has been on and off brumating, so the dubias are not geting eaten. But I'v been keeping up with maintaining them, gutloading them, etc. I'v never had this happen, in the year or so that iv had dubias, were I found a little bit of mold on the potatoes. I have 2 bins with dubias, in one bin I found just a tiny bit of mold, but on the other, a significant amount. It has probably been there for 2-3 days, more or less, and have since cleaned and replaced everything on both bins from egg cartons to the potatoes.
I think it was the apples I put in. I put apples a few weeks ago, with no problems like mold, i replaced them after 3-4 days. But this time I found mold.
So both bins are cleaned now with the dubias in them.
But im worrying about feeding them to my beardie, i dont know if some dubias ate some of the mold or not.
So should I start over again, order a fresh 200 dubias? OR will they be fine now that I'v cleaned and replaced everything? Maybe if they ate some mold, if i leave them alone and not feed them to my beardie they will poop out the bad stuff and eat fresh potatoe and apple?

thank you

a bit of a bummer they are not being eaten (hopefully without mold) because 80% of them are SO gut loaded and nice looking for feeding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom