Black soldier fly larvae

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
I ordered a thousand bsfl and I’m wondering how long will they last on their own and how can i store them to get the full value out of them?

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
If you have a wine cooler that would be the best temperature. If not, you can put them in a cooler with some ice on the other end so as not to touch their container on the ice. If there is an area that is around 55F that also works.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kyleena29":2jsrddbs said:
If you have a wine cooler that would be the best temperature. If not, you can put them in a cooler with some ice on the other end so as not to touch their container on the ice. If there is an area that is around 55F that also works.
Do i need to take them out of the container they come in? Do i need to feed them

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
You can keep them in their container. You don't have to feed them but I usually put some carrot in there and they eat it. You will need to clean them off before feeding. I usually use a kitchen strainer and rinse them off then put them on some paper towels and dry them off. This way they can't climb out of the dish cause when they are wet they easily climb out.

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kyleena29":3r4b8riv said:
You can keep them in their container. You don't have to feed them but I usually put some carrot in there and they eat it. You will need to clean them off before feeding. I usually use a kitchen strainer and rinse them off then put them on some paper towels and dry them off. This way they can't climb out of the dish cause when they are wet they easily climb out.
Are they still alive after you rinse them and why are you suppose to rinse them?

Bmjo

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
kyleena29":17ju9jsv said:
Yes they will be alive. They come in a loose substrate so it's best to rinse them off.
The surface temp of the door on my fridge is about 50-51 degrees could I keep them on the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom