found worms in my dubia bins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
[ximg]97755 5383977415[/ximg] found a ton of this they look like mealworms are the maggots/fruit flies? i don't have any flies in my house probably got them from the store?i clean most of them out i also found out they like to hide in the cardboard spaces i put in between the egg crates i did not do that this time.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
It's kind of hard to see from the pic but I'm going to guess they are the dermistid beetle larvae. They are used to keep the dubia bins clean. They usually eat dead roaches and don't interfere with the colony. They are also used to clean carcasses down to the bone.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
i been educating myself thise type of maggots are apple maggots thats why i been feeding the roaches toguether with dry food im going to stop that im pretty sure this worms came from walmart apples that is where i buy them from im going to raise hell and take a few worms with me lol

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Ahh ok cool I know the picture is horrible they look like mealworms brown with black stripes i started to notice them about 2 months back I have not seen any flies but I see this hard shell insects I thought they were baby dubias but there shell is hard and black I don't know how I got them I cleaned most of them out but not all.

kyleena29

Sub-Adult Member
They are probably just the larvae that turned into beetles. They are fine to keep your colony clean. You can actually buy them from Rainbow Mealworms.

Beardeddtagonlover

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Today I figured out what the worms are there from the wheat bran I had some old bran in a bag and they were same exact worms of course I threw it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom