Sites recommended for hornworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

NinaAmbroshia

Hatchling Member
I just started a Dubias colony and I want to give them a few months to get adjusted and start reproducing. (Just got the batch in on saturday,) but I've been trying to find a reliable source for hornworms as well.

My girl is eatting crickets right now, but I'd prefer something healthier. Crickets are fine, just not my favorite feeder is all. I've gotten to where I love hornworms though, they are pretty much the only thing my girl goes after. Whether they move or not... She loves chasing her food.

So even though they are a bit more expensive, does anyone know a good breeder/site/source for hornworms?

I'm also open for other suggestions if someone has some.

P.s. I heard that the cleaner crew that came with the dubias can sometimes grow large enough to be a beardie snack. Is that true?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I usually get them from great lakes hornworm in Michigan. The cups that include food for them are very handy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whokiry weth
Top Bottom