Looking after worms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking at starting to give my beardie worms as a staple part of her diet. I am from the UK and here we have calci worms which I understand are a good staple as they are high in calcium and low in fat. My problem is I can only get them in tubs of 250.

I had some wax worms recently as a treat for her, but lost most of them as they began pupating as I was only giving her 6 a week and there was about 30 in the tub.

My question is how many worms can she have a day? I am currently feeding her 5 medium size locusts 6 days a week and want to add these alongside. I don't want to overfeed her protein as I am aware of the risks of gout. How long does a 250 tub last? Any help greatly appreciated.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
The calci worms are pretty small so they can go through a lot. 250 should last a few weeks though in most cases. If you see them start to pass through undigested try offering them more slowly to allow time for her to chew them up more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mangobango4
Top Bottom