Black liquid coming out of crickets mouths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, so ive been noticing recently that my one beardies tank has blackish green spots lining the perimeter on the paper towels. And then when I tweezer the crickets to help him catch the last few (hes very lazy) the black liquid comes out of their mouth more and their butts. I also noticed some turn darker and the ones that are darker spew the more liquid. What is this? Because its a pain in the ass to keep changing his paper towels only because its cricket juice -_-

Terry15

Sub-Adult Member
Don’t know why there’s black liquid coming from the crickets. You might try getting some non adhesive shelf liner, so easy to clean, bugs can’t hide under it & cheap. I switched to that instead of reptile carpet or paper towels. Mystic has some fleece blanket pieces to hide under, which he loves.

Torivincolato333

Original Poster
He hated tile he likes the paper towels or something soft. Its weird that only his crickets do that when the other beardie and my leo get crickets from the same batch I get from the pet store

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abby999
Top Bottom