Super Mario worms dying..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Hi I'm off away for 3 days next week and couldn't get any calci worms to put in my beardies bowl so got a new ceramic one nd left a few morios instead. I know not the ideal feeder but it's only 3 days and my housemate is only comfy changing her greens. But anyway within 3 hours the worms had all died (Not eaten) do I need to leave something in there with them? Never usually need to feed morios.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They may have gotten too hot. You might try putting them in with the salad so they can burrow under the leaves. It will provide them with shade as well as some hydration if they want it.

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
CooperDragon":24vun99h said:
They may have gotten too hot. You might try putting them in with the salad so they can burrow under the leaves. It will provide them with shade as well as some hydration if they want it.

Thanks cooper

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
QuinnF":3v82qcvy said:
If your beardie is an adult it can easily go 3 days without insects as long as it has salad.

She's about 13-15 months and loves her salad to the point she often snubs her live food for it anyway she is however pretty small for her age so I like to give her both options whenever possible. By the next time I have to leave her for more than a day she'll be a good 16-18 months and i'll feel a bit easier about it

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
I don’t know much about juvenile beardies since I got mine as an adult but I think she should be fine to go 3 days without calcium or insects.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I agree! I have been breeding & keeping superworms for a long time. If they get too hot, they
just don't do well. Could they possibly have been underneath of the light?

Tracie

QuinnF

Hatchling Member
Tracie this is kind of off topic but I was just wondering how many beardies you have and how long you have kept Dragons?
-Quinn

Steve1878

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
Drache613":31p5p7b2 said:
Hello,

I agree! I have been breeding & keeping superworms for a long time. If they get too hot, they
just don't do well. Could they possibly have been underneath of the light?

Tracie

Yea they were quite near the basking spot so will move them down the cool end in future thanks Tracie

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Sure, right now we have 2 dragons. Our male is going to be 10 & our female is 6.
We have been keeping dragons since around 2002 or so. Before I started keeping dragons, we
had leopard geckos which I have been thinking about getting back into because they are just so
beautiful.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom