Superworms

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyBlu422

Juvie Member
Hi, I've set up a superworms farm not too long ago and was wondering something. Since my setup is the drop down method, should I remove the worms from the bottom for now and still save the old veggies even though they're on top? I won't be doing this immediately since I only have 4 beetles(was testing if the sizes I chose would pupate) but am currently raising 100 worms to become beetles. Also, I know mealworms are only supposed to be treats but I have a question about that. Why are they far less expensive than supers? Is it because they don't require to be isolated to pupate or because they give birth to more babies or because they grow up and pupate faster than supers(which I've noticed)? And why are they listed as an occasional for beardies but a possible staple for leopard geckos? Geckos on the outside seem more fragile but perhaps what they eat in the wild is typically harder in chitin? Or is it a "just to be nice/safe rule"? Don't worry I don't feed mealies as a staple, mainly Crickets and some supers. And, I know there are other topics about this but, can anyone point me in a good direction of a bulk cricket supplier? I live 15 hours away from places like Ghanns, top hat crickets, Armstrong crickets, etc. I was checking out lllreptile's crickets and backwater reptiles' crickets since they seem to be the cheapest and closest to me. I've heard mixed reviews about them but may try them out once or twice. If I'm disappointed, I'll either stick with petco crickets(though they're so much more expensive and expire faster) or try out a close supplier that hopefully someone can recommend to me. I've tried feeder source, got 100 medium crix almost a month ago and only had like 4 die on me so far, I'll probably pick up their crickets whenever there's another expo near me(like next month) but aside from that I would like a good online seller to get it from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom