Black Soldier Fly Breeding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm looking for a guide to breed black soldier flies on a small scale (I just want something for one dragon). And I would appreciate if someone could redirect me to a guide to learn how to breed BSF, or can just explain in this forum. By the way, I'm going to feed him the larvae, not the fly. Thanks in advance.

Taterbug

BD.org Addict
There are plenty of DIY guides (look for sure biopod, bsfl culture etc). They are popular with homesteaders and chicken farmers.

If you aren’t raising a lot of them a smallish tub with some dirt in the bottom, holes in the sides (to let flies in) and cardboard on the lid (for eggs) should be fine. My setup runs well and is more than enough for one dragon but being in the northern part of their range I need to stock it in the spring.

http://skies-of-salt.tumblr.com/post/126297632193/today-on-skies-of-salt-more-of-my-slow-decent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom