Bsfl

Status
Not open for further replies.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They'll want to burrow in substrate. I usually just keep them in the plastic container they arrive in and they do fine. To feed them I pick some out and shake them or rinse them in a sieve to get the substrate off of them. If you rinse them be sure to pat them dry because they tend to be able to climb a lot better when they are wet.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
I'm trying to breed mine, made a whole wooden cage for them that was way more expensive then it should of been. The one thing I can't really figure out is what to feed them primarily, I've heard chicken feed but they don't seem to eat it, they seem to just die and now ants are getting in and eating them :/ they seem to eat what they come in but I don't have enough of that if I want to breed them and I don't know what they come in. I am working on a solution for the ants though, I plan on just finding a big tray and sitting it in water so they can't get in.

TheBeardedSaint

Hatchling Member
CooperDragon":2khn545w said:
They'll want to burrow in substrate. I usually just keep them in the plastic container they arrive in and they do fine. To feed them I pick some out and shake them or rinse them in a sieve to get the substrate off of them. If you rinse them be sure to pat them dry because they tend to be able to climb a lot better when they are wet.

Do you know what they come in? been trying to breed some and can't really find what they eat (outdoor one soI can't use the bread recipe that's pinned)

Everything I've tried to use as a prime source of food they don't seem to eat the only things they're eating is the stuff they come in & left over salad from my Beardie.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think it varies depending on the vendor. I haven't tried breeding them but they are composters so I'd think that a setup similar to a compost pile might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bugluvr3
Top Bottom